Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Fastest Way to Measure for a Quilt Binding or Sashing



   This method for measuring the length of your quilt binding or outer sashing is so fast, you don't even look at the numbers on the ruler or measuring tape.
    I'm assuming many folks already do this?
    I was making an outer sashing for this quilt.  Later I measured for the binding the same way.

http://podunkpretties.blogspot.com/2016/07/podunk-pickins-41-binding-tip.html
Featured at


***********************************

*A Tutorial Tuesday*

 **************************
 Simply lay your quilt or quilt top down on the table (floor),
exposing one of the longest sides.
As you sew your strips together for the binding or sashing,
lay on the table next to the quilt edge.
Do this 4 times. 
The extra length added to the width, will be used in creating the corners.
***************************************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating the icon used on this page


2 comments:

  1. No, I've never done it this way. Hmmm... this is good to know!
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. I wish you a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.