Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Cleaning Teflon Ironing Sheets

    About 3 weeks ago, I showed you how I clean my iron when that iron-on interfacing gunk gets on my iron.  I have  a monster size roll of light weight iron on interfacing, so I use it a lot especially for applique in place of webbing.  It works great for applique, but doesn't work great on this Teflon sheet.
     I'm posting today's tutorial, because after researching online, I found no tip for cleaning teflon sheets. Yes, stuff does stick to it.  Apparently no one else has this problem, because I found no answer?  Like cleaning the iron, this is another cheap tip.



***************************************
*A Tutorial Tuesday*
 **************************

I keep a lot of micro clothes laying around my sewing room
for multiple reasons.
One day I got out my Teflon sheet to iron on some interfacing.
I had bought the sheet to protect my ironing surface which it does.
Turns out, it catches the residue which then ends up on my iron.
I looked everywhere for tips to no avail.
I experimented with many things.
I tried rubbing alcohol & finger nail polish remover,
and scrapped with a knife.
I even tried a piece of aluminum foil I used on the iron.
Turns out, a dry microfiber cloth works!
You can see the white residue spot.


Now I probably won't have to clean my iron so often.
Yeah!


***************************************************
  ********************************
 
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating the icon used on this page

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this important tip...pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing on DIY-Crush. This is one of those tips well worth reading.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.