Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Tues Tutorial ~ Scrap Junk Tags

 

These tags are not made with a foundation like the Bottom of the Barrel Gift Tags and the Bottom of Barrel Gift Tag: Method 2 where dryer sheets were used. I experimented with this method to make some larger tags for junk journals. It took me much longer. I guess the boundaries of the dryer sheet was a crutch for me?
 
 
 
 
 
******************
Tuesday Tutorial
******************
Harder to keep flat?

 

My template cut from a key card to cut corners of tags.
 


Forgot to punch a hole.
Took a strip of fabric and folded in half.
Laid more scraps on the fold.
Zig-Zag stitch at zero stitch length. 5.0 wide.









Quilting is more fun than Housework

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun way to use scraps! Sometimes I look down at my wastebasket next to my sewing machine and think those pretty scraps (believe me, they are small!) should be made into something. That's when I make something like this. It gives me so much satisfaction. Leave no scrap behind!(Sounds like a name for a new blog, huh?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure do look pretty with all those patterns and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! Will need to try to make some one day, thanks for the tutorial! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I don't seem to create many scraps - or maybe I just throw them out without noticing (which could well be the case). Your tags are a great use for them.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.