Friday, February 11, 2022

Fun Friday! Using Scraps from Scraps Card

 

I'm SO not in the mood to make quilts right now.
Just in the mood to mess around with scrap fabrics.
When I sorted the scraps into same colors,
I felt like I had a pallet of paint to use.
I had just enough red leftover from the IFAQH project
to cut out a bird.
So I made what I'm going to call a "Fabric Collage Sheet."
 
 

......and made a card!

from half the sheet.
 
Then I got involved in using my light scraps
to make more fabric collage sheets.
I got determine to make the pile of scraps disappear. 
There were merely fibers leftover by the time I got done.
If there is no room for stitches,
its time for the trash can.

When I got down to the corners and bits,
I stitched them in a circle.

 Then I got so tired,
I stopped the fun for the day.
 

4 comments:

  1. This does look like fun. You could attach them to card and send them as postcards in the mail. Some people send them as is but I'm always leery of that and I put them inside an envelope to keep them safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post card is a great idea. I know what you are talking about. Our Quilt Guild made some one year as part of our challenge. They were sent to the Guild of our sister city in Japan. (I think the sister city has something to do with the Toyota plant here. If you have a Camry, it came from here.)

      Delete
  2. What sweet cards! Isn't it fun to use up some free time and random scraps to make something creative in an almost mindless way? That's my idea of a perfect sewing session, anyway! Your precious bird card will be loved! it would be so cute in a frame too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little red bird. It sure does make a sweet card. Great way to use up those scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.