Friday, February 25, 2022

Fun Fri! Coffee Dying a Paper

 

      Some Junk Journalists set aside a big space, big day and big pans to coffee dye a large amount of papers at one time. Right now I mostly make cards and tags for different reasons and occasions as I need them.
       
      So when I find a sheet online, I print it right then. The next morning I save part of the next pot of coffee. I simply lay out a piece of wax paper on my kitchen table and grab a napkin to blot the paper.  On a winter day when the air is so dry, it usually takes less than an hour to dry. Then I file the sheet to be cut as needed.
This coffee was a pecan caramel flavored coffee, so it smells very delightful. 
Wonder if the smell will stay in the paper?


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I don't know for sure, but it seems junk journaling is enjoying a resurgence at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea to use up the last drops of coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.