Thursday, February 17, 2022

Thoughtful Thur 179~ Sis' Birthday Card

 

This time of year,
there are always thoughts of my sister and her birthday.
 
So I grabbed a scrap of fabric.
Who else would you think that would do that?
 
Fussy cut some 1½ inch hexies.
Hand stitched them together in Grandmother's Flower Garden Fashion.
 
Then machine sewed it to a card.
Along with some leaves and a stem.

Happy Birthday Sis.
Always thinking of you!
 
Another thought.
This is one of a kind card,
unless I find more fabric like it
and make the fussy cuts the
exact same. 
 Thinking that won't happen.

6 comments:

  1. It’s a great card Joy! Lovely idea.
    One day I’m going to make something like this. (Just not sure I’ve got another needle if my machine doesn’t like stitching through card!)
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barbara, thanks for the comment and you draw up a great point about the needle. For me, a size 14 needle that I use for most sewing works through card stock. I tend to treat a needle for paper like scissors for paper. I don't use it for general sewing. The machine I have downstairs is dedicated to paper sewing, so I don't have to worry about changing it when I'm just doing fabric. However, I must say, this "Paper" needle works fine putting together these 'bottom of the barrel' scraps on the dryer sheets. It is kind of frightening to experiment stitching paper and card stock at first but don't be afraid to try it. If you've changed a needle just because of time, not because it was bent or nicked, try using it.

      Delete
  2. You showed a lot of artistry with those hexies. It's a beautiful OOAK card! She is sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister is going to love this! I'd be willing to bet she'll want to frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks great! I like how you used hexagons to make the flower petals. Very unique card!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.