Monday, June 1, 2015

Gift for In Between Ages

     What do you give a girl that doesn't play much with dolls anymore, but not a teenager yet?  For the past few years I've really enjoyed making the American Girl doll clothes, but I think it was time to move on.
      Have you ever had one of those days where a project that was supposed to take 20 minutes took over 3 hours?  That was last Saturday for me.  Thread frayed twice, so I changed needle.  It continued to fray. So I changed thread. Through all of this, my fancy machine's needle threader wasn't working.  THEN I didn't follow directions and had to rip out the zipper about 3 times.
       Both projects were In the Hoop (ITH) projects. The Cash Stasher worked fine, but I finally had to take the zippered pouch out of the hoop and just sew it together the old fashioned way.  Thank-goodness the embroidering got done without a hitch.
     You can find the embroidery file for the zippered pouch at the Sew Forum titled Quilted in the Hoop Zip Bag. (Sign up for free membership.)  I didn't quilt this bag.  You'll also find the embroidery fonts I used there.   
     The flower came from the Dreams Embroidery website, but I can't find the specific file now to share. Look to the left for links to embroidery files.
 




The Cash Stasher is my very own idea, and has been very useful.  You will find a PES embroidery file that I shared on the original post.












************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha.. often have projects that take way longer than they should. Worth it in the end - your zippered pouch is lovely, Joy.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.