Saturday, June 20, 2015

Quilt Shot Block 30- Foundation Star


        My inspiration today is a star on my deck made by Mr. G from some old deck railings he found on street side.  I hang it on the front of the house sometimes.
       This was a creation day for me.  I did write some notes first and tried those ideas.  Didn't work.  It seems I do better when I just start cutting and sewing, and work my way until it comes together. I had an idea to fold paper to make a star pattern to paper piece.  Couldn't get it to work.  Here is what I ended up doing.
         Randomly cut red and blue strips and made a strip set of 4 that was at least 4 1/2 inches wide.
           Cut out four 4 1/2inch squares from newspaper.  I have a rotary cutter just for paper. (Nice when gift wrapping.)
     Randomly cut triangles from my strip set. 
           Then sewed white on each side to finish covering the paper which is your guide.  Notice I wasn't smart enough on the first try just to cut triangles from the strip set.  Wasteful.

Turn it over and trim, letting the paper help guide. 
   Cut four 4 1/2inch lights & 1 red for center



 

1 comment:

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.