Friday, December 9, 2011

Drain Pipe Wreath

I can't take the credit for making this huge wreath, but I thought the idea was very smart.  I'm the lucky one that got it for $5 at Restore.
  Take some garland and lights and wrap around this
(This pic is from home depot site, so that's where you can get the pipe.  As long as you need for the size of the wreath you want.)  I thought the holes in pipe made it very weather worthy. 
   Stretch wire from bottom to top ending by creating a loop at top to hang on a nail.  The wire from bottom to top helps the pipe create a circular rather than oblong shape if cut at the right length.  
    The red bow was made from a plastic table cloth I had found for $.99 @ Salvation Army.  I already had the balls which came with a smaller ribbon I used on another project.  I added a Dollar Tree length of wired, red garland that moves with the wind and catches sun rays or street lights to give it a bit of a twinkle. 
   This bow/balls decor was all I had hanging in front of the house and I thought it looked a bit lonely until I added the wreath.  Please, if you haven't already, see the Dec. 7 posting for more pictures.

Linked to 
  The Shabby Nest  & A Little Knick Knack   

Beyond The Picket Fence 
Meet Me Monday http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com/ 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to make a wreath with a drain pipe! Wow, Thank you for sharing this, love it! I just started a new linky party, and would love for you to join in! Monday Myriad Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.