Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Small Fabric Star

        Each year our Quilt Guild tries to have at least one small project on the program agenda.  We have one lady known as the "Scrap Queen" that has come up with some great VERY quick ideas.
        Last week at our monthly meeting, this was the idea that Tara presented.








******************
Tuesday Tutorial
******************

While the intention of this star is an ornament to be used on a Christmas tree,
as the folks around me chatted about our project,
we decided this star is a perfect size to go in a mailed Christmas Card
or tucked in the office or church mail boxes.

This idea has been around for a while,
so instead of reinventing the directions,
allow me to refer you to Felicity Quilts for the directions.

Of course, I do have some suggestions:
Step number 6, tuck the corner on around the angle
to help the triangle lie smooth and stay tucked.

I cut my thread long enough to stitch all layers, the button and leave a hanger.
To secure the pieces together,
I first inserted needle and thread BETWEEN 2 of the triangles to hid the knot
instead of straight through the back.
After a couple of stitches through ALL layers,
I then attached the button.
I only used 2 complete stitches for the button since it's not a stress stitch (being worn.)
The needle was exited back out between the 2 triangles & out the top and tied at the end
so time doesn't have to be spent adding a ribbon hanger.

  ****************************************

 You'll find this post at several Linky Parties
Please check them out for some great ideas.

Thanks to 
FREE Photoscape for downsizing, photo enhancements & watermarking photo
Open Office for the FREE word processor

1 comment:

  1. Fun ornament! I had a thought - wouldn't it be a great presentation for some fat 1/4s of fabric for a gift?

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.