Saturday, August 4, 2018

Quilt Shot Block #110 ~ Army Star

Army Star
12 x 12 inch
for another memory quilt of Mother & Dad's clothing
"Showing Memories of Our Home Life"
My Dad served in the Army in World War II.
He was the driver of a grader that built roads to get the troops to battle.
His most memorable story to me was of the "Battle of the Bulge."
Thank God he was told to stay with his grader
which the enemy wouldn't destroy because he said 
the enemy didn't destroy a valuable piece of equipment they could use themselves.
Otherwise, he and therefore I might not be here.
The directions for this block were found online
@
Quilter's Cache
It's a great source of quilt blocks.
 I took a screen shot for quick referral, but
for future referral I sketched it in my notebook along with quick reference for pieces
so I wouldn't have to read through the site's directions.

For a quick reference, this picture is what I need.
Had to pull out another flannel shirt and a pair of cache pants for the colors to make this block.
The pants were stained with black paint and had a hole beginning in the seat.













 
*******************************
Additional Quilt Blocks & Tips can be found on my 
Quilt Page
*******************************

3 comments:

  1. I love how you are creating quilts using fabrics from your family history - a true representation of what quilts were in past generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great quilt built on memories, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious block that has so much history with it! Neat story about your grandfather!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.