Monday, August 3, 2015

First Memory Quilt of Dad's Shirts: Completed

    Recently I posted I had started back to work on a quilt I started a year ago.  It's been finished for over a month. 
       I'm sharing the finished quilt.  Please don't judge my machine quilting.  I don't claim to be a pro. It's completed. 

Other posts related to this project include:
First Memory Quilts from Dad's Shirts
Deboning and Stripping a Shirt: Making Strips for a Quilt

***********************
 The backing came from a fitted sheet,
and the batting or filler came from a nice soft mattress cover.
So I only needed to provide thread.

I kept labels and tags intact wherever they appeared.
Actually sometimes, I may have cheated and moved a seam just so I could include the label.
The quilt ran through the labels to help stabilize them more.






Thanks to the FREE program

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo & other alterations to pictures.

4 comments:

  1. So lovely! I would love to do this with my father's shirts. Thanks for linking up!

    Dagmar ~ Dagmar's Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice quilt, I really like the touch the labels give the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to remember your dad. Keeping the tags added just that extra touch!
    Here from 2UsesTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely thing to make #TwoUsesTuesday

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.