Monday, July 6, 2015

First Memory Quilt from Dad's Shirts

I started this Wonky Log cabin quilt a year ago from 4 of Dad's shirts.  When Mother started going in and out of the hospital last June, I spent a lot of time at her house.  So I took my light weight Brother sewing machine and set up camp on the dining room table.  I got the 20 blocks made in a couple of weeks & then had to put the project to sleep. 
So about a year later now, I have revived this project. Trimmed the blocks down to 10 1/2inches.
My new rotating mat I bought in Florida this past winter, made the trimming job a breeze.
I'm SO thankful for my work space that Mr. G helped create last spring. I'm getting to use it a lot right now.  I've caught up on birthday projects and such, and am now getting busy cutting up a room full of Mother & Dad's clothes to make memory quilts for family and Caregivers.

I was inspired by Bailey's Quilt video on You Tube to make this quilt.  I'd already started a Wonky Log Cabin quilt, which I have not finished, and really enjoyed the easy going method. My cutting board and rotary cutters didn't have to travel with me to cut the strips to make the blocks.
**********************************
Thanks to the FREE program
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo & other alterations to pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.