Friday, March 31, 2023

Fun Fri~ NICU Fleece Blankets: Crochet Edging

  
I wasn't too happy with the first blanket.
This is my second one to edge. 
Still not crazy about how it finished.
 
This is my 3rd one.
Much happier with it.
Especially the work around the corner.
I loosened the tension a great deal.
 
Our Needle Handwork Group makes these.
These blankets will cover an incubator
to keep harsh lights out of the eyes of the precious one.
I understand the UK NICU serves about 90 babies at one time.

 

4 comments:

  1. My goodness - that many wee ones in NICU at the same time.
    A hint you probably already know is when you come to a corner add a few extra stitches (and thus the pattern will be 'extra' too). That way it will wrap around without puckering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. We were told to cut the corners in round and that helped, but I still increased stitches. Easing up on tension helped a lot. I just needed to relax.

      Delete
  2. Hi Joy, that's so cool! It really adds to the blanket.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.