Saturday, March 18, 2023

Quilt Shot Block 155~ Split Back Star: 2023 QOV Block of the Year

  
Split Back Star
12½ inch square
 
 
     Saturday, February 4, 2023 was QOV National Sew Day. Our Elkhorn Creek Quilt Guild did meet on that day. While some of us worked on 1 Mystery Quilt, one of the members worked hard to make block kits by taking a donated 5 inch square bundle and cutting them up in pieces for this year's QOV block, Split Back Star. 
 
    I brought home 6 of those kits.  

 I pulled up the directions found on the Quilt of Valor site. The pattern is free for anyone. You can make the blocks and donate them to Quilt of Valor to be used in quilts to award to those that served during times of conflict. 

It is a rather easy block to make.
 

 
 
I can understand why this block was chosen.
It is very versatile.
It can be arranged into different patterns.




I think the 5 inch bundle made some pretty 12½ inch squares.
 
 Shared @
 
 

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how one block can look so different depending on how it's arranged. I suppose, too, they could be arranged on point for another look. Someone is going to love the quilt I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy, that is a versatile block. I like how the colours are switched within the block. That's going to make a very lovely QOV quilt. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.