Friday, March 24, 2023

Fun Fri~ Daughter's Bday Card: Lover of Dogs and Daffodil Fields

  

 Here in Kentucky we get to experience some beautiful
daffodil fields.
They flourish in farm fields where once upon a time
there must have been a house close by and someone planted them.
Over time the field got cultivated or plowed
which turned out to be the perfect way to split up, divide the bulbs 
and scatter them. 
They come up, bloom and go away
by the time the farmer needs the hay
or cattle just keep on grazing.
So my daughter loves to go back home and see the fields on the back of the farm.
 We all do.

For years I have wished for a light box
when doing some of my projects,
especially the fabric collage pillows and cards.
For Christmas my friend Lenita gave me
an Amazon card.
So I got myself a light box.
The first was way too big.
This one arrived last week
and its perfect
and just in time to make
may daughter's card.
 
First I ironed on interfacing to white fabric.
Then traced a card template with a heat sensitive pen.
I found some blackline clipart online. 
This dog came from Clipart LIbrary.
I resized the clipart in Open Office Word Processor (free)
to fit the card front.
This lightbox made the tracing so
much easier on my old eyes.

 

Black thread was used to stitch the outline of the dog.

Loaded the machine with
green embroidery thread in the needle and
white embroidery thread in the bobbin.
Practiced stems.
Starting at the * in the center
straight up, down,
to the right and back
to the left and back.
Tie off (my machine has a tie off button)
or backstitch.
 
Tiny ovals were cut from yellow fabric
Machine stitch length set at 1.0
Stitched ovals with about 4 stitches vertically.
Again, I began and ended stitch with tie off,
or pull long threads to the back and tie.
 






 




 


 

 
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Seeing fields of daffodils would be amazing! Your card is wonderful and I love how you made the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet card. I love those little daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! I love my lightbox - makes things much easier. I love the little daffodils and the way you make these beautiful cards on the machine... I hope you had a great week and thanks for joining in on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy you are SO talented - I love everything about this sweet card! CONGRATS for being one of my Featured Friends at the June Friendship Friday Party at Create With Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.