Monday, November 28, 2016

Memory Mon 28 ~ God Bless Gatlinburg, TN

 A fire had started at Chimney Top in the Great Smoky Mountains
 and fighters tried to challenge it on Sunday.
With the heavy winds up to 80mph, in 2 days, it had traveled to Gatlinburg, TN.

To compound the problem, 
the high winds knocked trees over on power lines
which created sparks that ignited fires in the super dry terrain.
As I go to bed, I hear that about 30 buildings in Gatlinburg are on fire.

While I'm praying for the folks losing their homes, businesses and jobs,
the memories flood my mind
and it's hard to imagine the change.

********************************
  ********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.