Monday, August 8, 2016

Memory Monday 20 ~ Things That Happen in Memory Quilts


When I make a memory quilt from clothing,
especially well worn clothing,
I have to remember there WILL be problems.
No, if, ands, or buts about it.

No matter how much I pay attention to the grain of the fabric
and try to cut on the the straight grain,
I will still have problems.

However, I do like the surprise of colors that pop up
because of fading that does or does not occur
within a garment.
For example, facing fabric, or any fabric not expose to the outside of the garment inside a hem,
tends to retain it's original color.

I just try to remember,
its the memory of the quilt
********************************
Also see:

Quilt Shot Block #77 ~ Shoo Fly

******************
****************************************

Thanks to the FREE program

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo & other alterations to pictures

1 comment:

  1. I like your descriptive picture. Those problems create variety. :-) I particularly like the pieced block. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.