Saturday, March 26, 2016

Quilt Shot Block #62 ~ 4 Corners 4 Patch

4 Corners 4 Patch
by "Love of Quilting"
12 inch block
 Back in December, I was looking through the latest "Love of Quilting" magazine, 
and found this super simple quilt block.

Thought it would make a perfect memory quilt from Mother & Dad's clothes 
since I like to cut them in strips.

So I tried it out today.  Quickly sketched out the measurements 
 for a 12½ inch block.
Sewed a 2½ inch strip to a 4½ inch strip.

Cut apart into 6½ inch squares
How easy is that?
THE fastest quilt block I've made for this post.
So, the memory quilt should go together fast!
Oh, by the way, I just made this from scraps and happened to have just enough of the bird strip.
When I got done, I thought it sort of looked like a block for Easter!
So, Happy Easter!  Thank-you Jesus.
 While one block may not look spectacular by itself,
the combined effect is great.
***********************************************
Find out how to tile your blocks to see their effect by
following my tutorial  (the software is free).

How to Use PhotoScape to Test a Quilt Block Design

**************
If you didn't get the magazine, you can see this done
on the following YOU Tube


**********************************************
  ****************************************
Thanks to the FREE program

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo & other alterations to pictures.




7 comments:

  1. The two fabrics work together so well. Happy Easter.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous - sometimes when I look at the top I see pink staggered crosses with bird borders and the next second the birds pop forward as windmills with pink sashing, it's very pretty. Are you thinking of adding borders and what are you going to bind and back it with? It'll be a great memory quilt finish. Thanks so much for linking up at Sew Cute Tuesday today - Chris (guest host) @madebyChrissieD :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been eyeing a similar block...it sounds like it ought to fit the bill wonderfully for your memory quilt! Thank you for the heads up on the PhotoScape, too...will check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely! thank you for sharing on Design Board Monday.....how much of the bird fabric did you actually end up using?.....I have a fat quarter of some very special fabric that I have had for many years but not used as I was afraid it would not be enough to showcase and wanted to use it wisely but I think this pattern would work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took at 2.5 inch x 26 inch strip of the birdie fabric to make this one 12 inch block.

      Delete
  5. Actually, I liked the one block, too! I think this would be great scrappy, as well as in coordinated fabrics. I do like your birds! desertskyquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this technique, I want to try it out 🥰, thank you 🥰.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.