Saturday, March 12, 2022

Quilt Shot Block 142~ Friendship Among Flying Geese

 

"Friendship Among Flying Geese"
16 inch square
for a future group QOV Quilt
 
Remember back on the QOV National Sew Day, Feb 12?
We were given a packet for 2 blocks.
which you then take the HSTs to make any design you like. 
I wonder if someone has calculated the number of 16 HST designs possible?
Yes, I corrected the mistake above. 

We haven't made up the canceled Sew Day meet yet.
I did find out that several packets are yet to be made,
so I picked up a couple more.
This is one.
 
I came across this Friendship Star looking design actually made entirely of half square triangles instead of Flying Geese. 

Our Quilt Guild theme for this year's quilt show is Friendship.
I thought this fit.

I know today people are renaming old quilt blocks by giving names to the quilt.
I like to keep history and thus keep the original name of the block if I know or can find the name.
I can't find a name for this one so I'm naming it,
Friendship (for the star in the middle) Among Flying Geese.

If you know the original name,
I'd love for you to let me know. 
*************************************
 
I used the "combine" tool in  PhotoScape (free software)
to make these 4x4 quilt layouts.
You have to have a square on shot which I cropped to the seam line.
 
(no change if block is rotated)
 
***********************************
I did make another HST block and will post next week,

If I have time before our reset Sew Day in a couple of weeks,
I'll get some more.

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty block! I puzzled over it for a bit so I could figure out how it was put together. Looks simple enough but gives a great result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very nice block - I like how it shows up stars and pinwheels when put together! Very cool :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this block. What a fun pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.