Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Tuesday Tutorial~ Cocoa Bread

  I found this recipe online recently. It seemed to be lighter in calories so, I thought I'd try it.  As a matter of fact, after I found the recipe, I couldn't get it off my mind and just craved it.  
   It is called bread for a reason. It is not like cake at all. It is a bread lightly flavor with chocolate. Seems like it would have been a "Depression" recipe.
 
 
******************
Tuesday Tutorial
******************
 

I have created the recipe in a jpg so you can right click and save
for easier reference maybe in your phone's photo gallery?



 
Like bread, this recipe is dry, 
so I drizzled with some butterscotch topping.
 

 


 (If something happens to the recipe picture...)

Cocoa Bread.

To make the bread you will need:

2 1/2 cups flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup baking cocoa

1/3 cup sugar

1 egg

1 1/3 cup milk

1/4 cup melted shortening

optional: about 1/4 cup chocolate chips (original recipe did not call for it)

^^^^^^^^^^^ 
  • Sift the first five ingredients. 
  • Add the remaining ingredients.
  • Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake in 350-degree (F) oven for about 45 minutes. 
 

2 comments:

  1. awww, geez - I have a hard time not eating too much homemade bread and now you're tempting me with a chocolate one??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted with this recipe for sure. But my husband is not a fan of chocolate and I would feel guilty if it went to waste, er waist. Still, I do have some caramel sauce that would be perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.