Saturday, May 12, 2018

Quilt Shot Block ~ Elkhorn Creek Quilt Guild Show 2018- Part 1

This is the first post of a series to show all the quilts presented at the 2018 show.












 I always think its brave to quilt in contrasting thread.






I don't intend to show favoritism, BUT
since I've had viewers comment on how they enjoy the close ups
of these quilt shots,
I decided to get more close up to this quilt because it caught my attention.
I love studying quilts to find out how they are made.
This is one of those quilts.
I first looked for quilt pieces.

I finally figured out it's strips of fabric sewn together,
then cut into wedges that are sewn together.
The play on the pattern in 2 of the fabrics meeting up with each other
and the quilting design
tend to give it a curved effect.
Brilliant  !!!
*******************************
Check back next Saturday for more quilts from the
Elkhorn Creek Quilt Guild Show 2018
*****************************
Related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.