Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thoughtful Thinking Thursday #108 ~ Old Fabric?

Found about 6 yards of this silky fabric at an antique store here in town for $5.
Just the right kind of fabric for a dressy tank top.
The entire time I worked on this top,
I thought about how old the fabric might be.
It didn't seem that old.
As a matter of fact,
The fabric I had that matched this silky fabric,
might even be older!
Here you can see a jacket cut from that fabric,
and a short pair of pants cut from fabric
from a yard sale.
Who knows the age of that fabric?
And then I'm thinking,
how old is my thread?
Some of you know how long I have been sewing.
*******
"THINK about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.