Saturday, November 7, 2015

Quilt Block Shot #3 ~ Old Glory Star - REVISITED

This block and pillow have been posts that 
get a lot of hits, especially around the patriotic holidays.
Revisiting this popular block
pillow today, because
I have heard from the author of the book!
        I now have an internet link I can share with you for more detailed information about this block. At the time I wrote the original post, I only found links to buy the Calendar. Debby is just now finding my post. Somehow our browsers just wouldn't connect us until now? I check out quilting blogs almost everyday that I'm home, but had missed this awesome quilt blog.
If you want to be inspired please check out Debby Kratovil's Blog.

Debby Kratovil Quilts

 Here is the best news, 
a few months ago Debby posted
(revised 5/30/18)
moved to
HERE
**
While you are at it, 
check out the other 2 free patterns to make the wall hanging
which includes the Old Glory Star Block.
I want to try the "Star Spangled Banner."
 
I am on the second year of flipping through this calendar.
It was my souvenir from the Paducah, KY Quilt Museum in 2013.
It is sitting on a bookshelf I pass several times a day where
it continues to inspire me.
Now I can go to Debby Kratovil's blog to be inspired as well.


*************************
Yes, if there is one thing I tried to do as an elementary and computer teacher,
it was to teach students to give credit where credit is due. 
Thank-you Debby for allowing me to share.
I'm sure Debby would like to see any work that results from her publication.
I do.

***********************
Sharing at several Linky Parties.
Nina Marie Creations

This post was featured @ Sew She Can 
  ***********************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo & other editing.

7 comments:

  1. How awesome that the author was able to connect with you! Love that little block and it's patriotic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joy. I love your blog! Thank you for all the great posts and photos. I sent you an email this morning--asking a question and hope you will respond. Best Wishes to you from Mrs. Durrant, Wisconsin (quilter and restorer).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link to Debby Katrovil's website no longer works. I searched her site and the block was originally posted on a blog page for July 3, 2015. However, there is no longer a post on the blog for that date. It goes from July 1st to July 8th. No July 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up Linda. I'll contact Debby so I can continue giving credit and sharing her pattern.

      Delete
    2. Linda I noticed you found Debby's page that had the measurements for the Old Glory Block and left a comment about the missing page. I've updated this post to link to that page and am waiting to see if she updates the July 3, 2015 page. I sure to thank-you for the notice.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. HI Lulu, hmmm, I've tested all the links and they work except for the one that is marked through and one given in its place?

      Delete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.