Friday, August 9, 2024

Fun Fri~Prepping Dryer Sheets for Scrappy Fabric Projects

 

  

My Scrappy Fabric Projects

such as
 
I need a base to place the scraps of fabric.
 
 
 
I rarely use
because it's too stiff.
Instead I recycle used fabric softener dryer sheets.
Above is a bag of sheets
my Mother's Caregivers
saved for me back in 2012.
I've decided it's a bottomless bag.
 
They were wadded and thrown in this bag,
thus
they don't lay flat.
Since they still have a residue on them
that brown the base of my iron,
 I take about 4 at a time
and lay them as flat as possible
between teflon sheets.
Then I press.
It doesn't take long.
It is a wonderful smell job.
I do realize some folks can't use these
because of the smell or chemicals.
When I finally use them,
I don't smell them.
 
I prep about a dozen at a time.

Then I store them flat under my cutting mat
to wait to be used on the next project.
When these 12 are used,
I pull out the bottomless bag again.
 
It's a quick fun chore.


 
 



1 comment:

  1. We can't use dryer sheets because Resident Chef is allergic to their residue so alas I don't have any to play with. Great idea though and perfect upcycling.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.