Friday, June 7, 2024

Fun Fri~ Making Masterboard Fabric All Occasion Tags

 

 I rarely leave a mess in my sewing room,
but I had left this mess because I finished
a baby gift in a rush,
and jumped up to run to the baby shower.
As I got the baby gift ready,
I realized I had no cards or tags ready 
for a baby gift.
 
So for fun as I started to put away the scraps,
I thought why not make a master board of these scraps,
and make more tags.
 
Notice the flatten gum box
with white inside.
It's about to be used.
 
The red, white, blue
had been made for my #2 SIL Bday card.
As you saw from
I changed my mind.

The chewing gum box was cut up into tags,
and sewn onto the back of the masterboard.
The fun part is not knowing how they are going to turn out.
 
You don't know what they really look like,
until you turn them over. 
It really doesn't matter,
because they look fine always.


Cut a strip free handed
roughly 1/2 inch wide.
 

 
I like to loop tags onto the handles of the gift bags
I make.
So the loop is the length of the tag.
 
Then I quickly triple stitch the loop onto the 
determined top of the tag.

One direction definitely works better.



I only had a few large pieces
of scraps to bag up
after this FUN project.
WaLa......
clean workspace
for the next project.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. These would be great for any occasion, for sure. Great use for tiny little scraps too, so a win/win.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.