Thursday, June 27, 2024

Thoughtful Thur~ Upcycled Wedding Dress Thank-you Card

 
When I do a sewing project
for family or close friend,
I do not like to charge them,
because they usually have or will
do something invaluable for me.
When my special friend
asked me how much she owed me
for making the Dressing Robe (last Mon's link)
I said, "Just have lunch with me."
Well, she's already done that.
Then, she surprised me with a "Side Winder" Bobbin threader.
I had thought multiple times of buying it, and had not, yet.
I don't know how she knew out of all the gadgets I do have,
I didn't have that one?
So, I then made her a Thank-you keepsake card of
the tiny scraps of her wedding dress
 I had in my trash can.
I mailed it,
even though she lives a few streets away.


Do you think "Thank-you" can become a continuous cycle?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes. If my aunt sent a gift while I was at uni, she always expected a thankyou note. Then she'd send a letter thanking me for my note. And if I did not reply within 2 weeks, she would telephone mum and say "did Ang get my letter?" And then mum would tell me I should write to her...and thus it went on. Until Christmas, when there was a fresh gift to start a new episode of thankyous...right up until my birthday.... When I was a teenager, it annoyed me. She died last year, aged 94. I do miss her letters now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm m- it could very well become an ongoing cycle, couldn't it. Such a nice card and even better that it used scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.