Saturday, June 29, 2024

Quilt Shot Block 176~ Falling Star 4th of July Yard Flag

 
This pattern is free.
It's named Falling Star.
 
The second I saw this pattern,
I knew it would make a great 4th of July Flag.
Turn it a complete 180 and it becomes a Shooting Star?
 
I cut the pieces.
Note only need three 2½ in white squares.
I mistakenly cut 4.

 
First, I started with the paper piece.
I use the "No Tear" Method.
This was actually the second time 
I used this same piece of paper
to make a second flag,
so I could learn my mistakes on the first.
The pattern is drawn on freezer paper, then
 folded on the lines
on the non-waxed side. 





Even though I used freezer paper
I still put 2 small pins in the first section
to make sure it doesn't slip out of place.
Fabrics are stitched together
by stitching as close to the edge of the fold as possible.
 



Then the best and fun part is this.
You don't have to take time to rip out paper.
Just remove the few pins used.
 
Then just take off the pattern.
Then use it again if need.

 
The first time I made this block,
I thought I was a Know-It-All, 
and didn't have to read directions
on putting the piece together.
So I put together the Eight Pointed Star together first.
As you see, it doesn't work that way
and that's why you only need three white 2½ inch squares. 
(and yes, Flying Geese could have been made.)
 
 

 



 
Happy 4th of July USA! 
 
Shared @
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.