Friday, September 15, 2023

Fun Fri~ Cobbler's Aprons for VBS Helpers

 

For Vacation Bible School this past summer,
the leader asked if I'd make cobbler's aprons
to help color code the groups.
So when the children were told to go to yellow for their next session,
they looked for the person wearing the apron of that color.
I started to design the apron,
but the leader found over at Sew4Home a pattern 
which she downloaded and presented to me.
So why reinvent the wheel?
I'm thinking of making one for me,
because I appreciate the pockets.

We decided just in case years later 
a guy needed to wear the apron,
they might not want the ruffles.
So I left off ruffles.
Also, you might know from the 
mug organizer I designed, because I didn't like the 
Simplicity pattern using bias tape,
I didn't use bias tape here.
I simple did a double fold along the edges.
Also, notice I used one solid front piece 
instead of a seamed upper section.
Can you tell which one worked with the youngest children?
I think her pockets came in very handy.
 
Click on following pictures
if you want the link
for more info.
 
 



 Shared at the following linkies:



 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great idea for guiding the children to their next session. I like that they have pockets! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 129. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of color coding them. Great that you could adapt the pattern to your liking. I like things with pockets - they do come in handy.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.