Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Tuesday Tutorial ~ White on White Pillow

    When I asked both of my grand daughters what color accent pillows could they use for their living room, they both said "neutral or off white." Just goes to show they are both smart.  They know it would be easy for me to match that color.
   Of course I had lots of white and off white scraps. 
 
 
******************
Tuesday Tutorial
******************
 
This is such an easy quick project that I got carried away and forgot to take very many pictures. Like putting a puzzle together, I layered pieces I had trimmed down with straight edges using my Momma's pinking shears.  

Then I simply stitched in order from bottom layer up. You can see I used pins to pull top layers out of the way so I could stitch the lower layers. 
 
The edges were left unfinished. As time goes on, the fraying of the edges will add to the character of the pillow. 
 
Done.
I used the Envelope Method to finish making the pillow cover.
Now you pick any color pieces and any color background to make your pillow. You may find it to be a relaxing project like I did.
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. I really like this Joy - what a great use for scraps of pretty fabrics. Not only does it look great in whites but I can envision it in primary colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great project for all those doilies in need of being put to good use.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.