Friday, January 7, 2022

Fun Fri~ Old Looking but Not Old Potholders/Pads

 

I'm still having fun with my bag of tiny scraps.
I love the old vintage and antique look
of some of today's fabrics which these are.
 This hot pad is large enough for a casserole dish.


The green hot pad was made with
2 quilt blocks that were found in the scrap bag.
One block was an inch larger than the other.
So I created a self binding hot pad from the large block 
folded around the smaller for the binding.

Back view

Then I made 2 pot holders
from the beautiful antique scraps.
I call them antique, because I remember them from my childhood.
Vintage to me are fabrics I used when I was a young mother.

Back view of potholders.

Potholders and hot pads were 
my common gift this past Christmas.
Seems like many folks have worn out pads and holders?
 

2 comments:

  1. I gave a number of potholders this Christmas too - something everybody uses and might appreciate having new. Quick to make and good as a stash buster too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice looking hot pad. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.