Saturday, May 16, 2020

Quilt Shot ~ Grandma JP's Baby Quilt is Finished

A friend's Mother just passed away.
She found a quilt her Mother started in 1998.
******

The outer border needed quilting,
and a binding added.
She asked if I could finish it.
When the mask request stopped coming in,
I jumped on this quick task.
I did some free motion hearts.
It was a very relaxing task.
Made me wonder if her Mother was a calm person.

 I'm told she was.

 It looked like her Mother wanted the quilt to be self binding using the backing
rolled to the front.
That didn't work out.
I had some yellow fabric to make the binding.




The tag made & hand stitched to the back of the quilt.

God bless my friend.
So sorry for her grand loss.

2 comments:

  1. You've done something very special by finishing this quilt. I'm sure it will be treasured for more generations to come.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.