Saturday, May 11, 2024

Quilt Shot Block 175~ Finishing a QOV Top for Past Friend

 
We lost a great QOV member this past year.
She had made a tremendous amount of quilt tops for our group.
A set of blocks had been turned in by her.
Two other ladies laid them out in a pleasing order.
I was asked to sash them together. 















Then a border was added.

 

I like to fan fold pieces like long borders
and binding. 
Then lay the strip in the drawer to my right. 
No unrolling has to be done.


A 4 patch corner stone was made
for the border.
A little game of Bobbin Chicken and I won! 
 But then I lost because I forgot to get a final picture of the 
top after the border was added. 
So all I have is after the sashing and corner stones were added.
We will miss our big quilt top maker tremendously,
besides the fact of missing a very wonderful person.


3 comments:

  1. I think its wonderful that you are continuing to work on something she put a lot of love into. Quilts are such a work of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty quilt that I know someone will love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me happy to know that her work was finished so lovingly. Ha! Bobbin Chicken - that's a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.