Monday, May 6, 2024

Mon Memory 152~ April, 2024 Camp Nelson Visit

  
In April when I went to visit Mr. G's grave,
they were very busy
taking care of the place.
The guy on the lawnmower
was headed away from me.
I stood at my car waiting for him to make another round.
Instead, he stopped when he turned around and saw me.


We kinda had a stare down.
I didn't want to take up his valuable time.
Apparently, he highly respected my reason for being there,
and got off his lawnmower and 
started tidying up other sites. 
I walked as fast as I could to the center of the row,
where Mr. G's grave is located. 
Placed my penny.
Said my thoughts and
gave an update.............that's what I do.
tapped the tombstone
and headed back to the car.
I usually spend more time,
but even though the guy tried to act busy
doing something else,
I knew I was holding him up.
 
I got back in the car and drove the circle around the cemetery.
By that time
he was back on the mower
and driving right past Mr. G's place.
 
It touched me that he let me have my moment.
I'm sure it was required safety precaution.
He may never know how he made me feel.
 
Not sure why the flag is always 
at half mast? 
Sometimes I can think of a possible event.
I'm wondering if it's to honor the memory of all that are
remembered at Camp Nelson?
 
 



 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like they take very good care of the place and its a quiet and respectful scene. I'm glad he gave a pause during his mowing. Maybe the flag is half mast all of the time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that the worker was respectful and gave you your space. Maybe they keep the flag at half mast to honour the memories of the people there.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.