Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Tuesday Tutorial~ Crock Pot Hot Fudge Spoon Cake

     When Christmas Day was canceled for me with family, I decided to up my sugar level and treat myself to something sweet. I'd been admiring a recipe I had found in a Christmas book my sister had given me a few years ago.
 
So I got out my small crock pot I had found that was the perfect size for just me.  Turns out, it was actually really the perfect size for this recipe.
 
I hope you enJOY it like I did.   
 
 
 
 
 
 
*****************
Tuesday Tutorial
******************
 
From the book: Gooseberry Patch Christmas, Book 12
 
 I wondered why the word patience was on this page.
After waiting 2 hours for this cake like I did,
you will understand as well.
1 C all purpose flour
1 C brown sugar
3 T  baking cocoa
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 C milk
2 T melted butter
1/2 t vanilla extract
 
MIX
Place above mixture in bottom of crock pot
Combine
3/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C baking cocoa
Sprinkle above powder mixture
over the batter in the crock pot.
Do NOT mix.
SLOWLY pour 1 and 3/4 C HOT water
over the powdered mixture
so as to keep the powdered mixture
evenly spread over the batter.
DO NOT STIR
Cover 
Cook on high setting 2 hours.

Toothpick inserted one inch deep
comes out clean. 

Oh how I wished for some vanilla ice cream 
or whipped cream
for this warm 
hot fudge spoon cake.
It did taste great with my 
well creamed coffee.
Happy cozy Merry Christmas 
Me
on a -31° day.
Absolutely yummy.
 
Tip: Use the best quality baking chocolate powder
for that is the success of the best taste of course.
 





 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks so good! I bet it really was a treat on a cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear your Christmas Day plans were canceled! Hopefully, things worked out so you could celebrate at a later date. If your hot fudge dessert tastes near as good as it looks, I'm a fan! There's nothing quite like chocolate that soothes my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy! This looks like a recipe I had back in the 70’s which I lost track of when I married and left home! I need to translate the measurements to English and make this again one day! I remember it being one of my family’s favourites! So glad you posted this! 😁👍 Sorry I can only comment as Anon, but you know who I am 😁👍🙋‍♀️😘 Barbara of TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.com xxx
    Oh, have I said - Happy New Year to you and yours! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yum!!! That looks so good! I would serve it with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream (not that there's a single calorie in any of it, of course!)

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.