Friday, January 6, 2023

Fun Fri~ Mending Quilt BooBoo

    
         Call me crazy, but yes taking on the challenge of repairing a booboo on a QOV quilt is something I like to do.  You have permission to call me a geek on so many things: weather predictions, computers or rather electronics in general and tearing things apart made from fabrics and finding out how they are made. 
 
         In this repair I was able to use my knowledge I had acquired recently when learning how to hand stitch hexies. The corner of the quilt was accidentally cut while taking it off the long arm quilting frame. The quilter tried to make repairs.

         So, here is a montage of shots taken during my process.



Batting hand stitched back together













1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - I think I would have cried if that had happened to me! Great repair job - good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.