Friday, January 20, 2023

Fun Funny Fri~ Learning the Popcorn Stitch on Popcorn Day

 

I just learned from my blog friend over at Paper Vernissage who always has very interesting artistic ideas, that yesterday January 19 was Popcorn Day! I am known to go to the movies sometimes more for the popcorn than the movie.
 
Would you believe yesterday I attended my Needlework Group meeting and learned how to make a mini Pray Square which involved learning how to crochet the Popcorn stitch?  The Popcorn stitch is used to make the cross you see in the picture above.
 
I see there are numerous patterns for crochet prayer squares all over the internet. We used the mini square version shown at Southern Belle. It's free. You don't have to sign up for a newsletter, it's just right on the page.
 
My Needlework group crochets the Prayer Squares to leave in our local hospital waiting room.  Above is my first square that took me a hour and half to make. It's only about 2.5x3inches which fits nicely in a hand. 
 
I always love learning something new. The feeling of the reward of accomplishing the finished product is worth it. Never to old to learn.  Its fun in my book.

2 comments:

  1. You found the perfect buttery yellow for that popcorn stitch too! I love when little magic moments like that come together. Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I like that prayer square! I did learn how to do the popcorn stitch a while back, but would need a refresher... it would be a fun little project to make - thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.