Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Tues Tutorial~ Hidden Ladder Stitch

 Last Friday's post was about working on the Tahara, Japan Quilt. We decided to use the "Hidden Ladder Stitch" to put the squares together.  I had something I called a hidden stitch which was doing whatever I could to hide the stitch and I knew the embroidery Ladder Stitch.  So this just got a little more defined and technical.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*****************
Tuesday Tips
******************
 

Just take a stitch parallel to the last stitch. 
After about 5 stitches, pull thread tight.

Do you see the stitches that join the blocks?

So have we come up with another way to lap quilt?
Go ahead and bind each block after you quilt it,
then put together with a Hidden Ladder Stitch?

This post was shared on the following linkies.
 Please check them out for more great ideas.

Let me know if you'd like me to add you to my Linky list.
 

4 comments:

  1. Must be something in the air regarding ladder stitch because I was using it to put a knitted sweater together this afternoon. I love knitting but hate the finishing part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stitch, so useful, and your photos and explanation are great. This will be a feature at Handmade Monday later today :-)

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.