Thursday, August 11, 2022

Thoughtful Thurs 188~ Just to Make More Money?


Finally got what I called an edge foot big enough for my machine. 
However, Janome calls it a "Stitch in the Ditch" foot for quilting,
but for some reason this expensive foot
 didn't come with my new super expensive machine 
which was especially made to make quilts?
oops, off my soap box.

 


However, these 2 feet did come with the machine. 
Both feet do have a flange to guide along the edge
so I can make my stitches ride along an equal
distance from the edge.
However, the flange goes through the middle of the foot.
I just really don't like to use either, because
I'm afraid I'll forget to move my needle
out of middle position and hit the flange bar.

 

But why didn't a foot needed for quilting in the ditch
not come with a machine for making quilts?
My thought it was to 
just make more money?
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I was looking at a new machine and realized that the feet I really wanted, needed and use all the time weren't include with the new model. Yes it's all about making more money off of us! With the price for the new machine 3X's what I paid for the current machine plus all the 'extras' I decided to pass and will run this machine till it dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, just one more way for manufacturers to make money. Doesn't make one bit of sense why a machine touted as being for 'quilting' doesn't have a proper quilting foot included. My machine came with a foot similar to the one on the right in your second photo and I must admit I've never used it. Of course, to be fair, I'm not a sane quilter either so that could be part of it.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.