Friday, August 5, 2022

Fun Fri~ 1st House Bday Card for Other Grand Daughter

 

First, I like to sketch out the card
 on a piece of paper the same size as the card.
For some, I need the picture in front of me.
As here and here.


I think this puts into my muscle memory
how large to cut pieces free hand
without a pattern.
 
As I start looking for the right color and texture,
I pull out baskets and bags of scraps.
Its easier for me to look through small clear bags
than 1 large box or bag.

 
The pieces were cut 
and fitted on top of a piece of
embroidery stabilizer scrap cut to shape & size of card.
Then a background was stitched to stabilizer.
Then pieces are stitched onto background.
 
Then the piece is stitched around the edge onto 
the front of the card.


 


Call me crazy,
but wading through my scraps
isn't as messy as 
a bunch of paints,
but just as much fun.
 

2 comments:

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.