Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Tues Tutorial~ Upcycle Pants or Slacks to Bag

      

      This year my church put together a 1 Day Super VBS. The theme was Jospeh: Pit to Palace. I was asked to try to come up with about 3 bags that would sit at a tent that would possibly hold "The Silver Cup."  While I was looking through my store stash, I found colors that I thought would work. They were my Mother's slacks I had yet to put in a memory quilt.  So here was my solution:






*****************
Tuesday Tips
******************

Remove the entire seam from crotch to hem.
 
Turn down top edge about 6 inches
or at least enough to go past the pockets.



Fold to center.
Then fold again to meet folded edges.
Top stitch both edges.


 

Here is the second one I made:



 

I only removed the waist band.
No. I did not remove pockets or zipper.
I did a tack stitch at top of zipper 
to keep it closed.
Yes, these were Haggar Ladies' slacks.
Remember them?
 
Don't forget to pick out hems.
This belt was in four pieces
as it was sewn together in back
because back then it was designed
like men's pants
to make adjusting size easier.
 
Notice the yellow marked stitching line.
 
Stitch along the bottom which is the hem areas. 
Turn down top roughly 6 inches.
 




Belt buckle placed and tacked
 on each of the 4 seams.









The ornamental grasses came from beside the front door
of the church.
My Sweet Mr. G planted them a few years ago.
Such a "Sweet" memory.

****************
Linked to:
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love repurposing projects. Great job with those slacks.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.