Thursday, May 26, 2022

Fun Fri ~ 5th Grade Graduation Card

It's that time of the year!
So time to have some Fri Fun making a card.
 

You do see scissors,
but small scrap pieces were hand torn as well.
Love the fun ragged edges.



The drawing on the left
 is the one I've used
 I drew a smaller size on white fabric
 with a Frixon pen.
 No measuring involved. 
Just straight lines.

With such small pieces to applique,
I still have fun, believe it or not.
The stitch length is lowered.
This is where the automatic pressure foot comes in VERY handy.
I'm so lucky to have this feature.
Again, helping to make it fun.
 
When I stop stitching to turn,
I can keep my hands on the work,
while my pressure foot automatically raises 
just enough to let me turn the fabric.
Then when I press the peddle,
the pressure foot lowers and continues to stitch.
I don't have to have my right hand
 on the pressure foot lever all the time
for this tedious work.
I do wish for a foot peddle 
let's me tell the machine
to cut the thread
at which time this machine does completely
raise the pressure foot.

 and fun done.


 
 Hope everyone has or will
have fun at
 their events this late spring.
 ***********
 
 Other articles related to this post:
Sum of Their Stories: Handmade Monday (Lots of great ideas/recipes)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is so unique! I'm sure it would be saved forever by the recipient.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.