Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Tues Tutorial ~ Hand Sewing Box

 

I enjoying looking around online, in stores and at our Sit and Sew to see all the new contraptions for carrying around projects. 
Then I still find myself "shopping" around my house to reuse something I already have when I need something. Like when I started working on hand sewing hexies.  One day I bought some cheese sticks from the Pizza Pizza place.  
 
 
 
 
 
******************
Tuesday Tutorial
******************
I decided for now this box was sturdy and the right size. 
Because of the stiff cardboard, it provided a small work surface 
for tracing hexies.
Then I got out some magazines 
and this is what happened next.
 








 
After all the hexies were glued and dried,
to protect the papers,
the box was covered with strips of clear cellophane shipping tape. 
It was impossible to keep out the wrinkles.
Oh well. 


 
And I carry it in THIS to Sit and Sew.

3 comments:

  1. That's very creative and sustainable. The Italian cheese bread is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's brilliant! I did a similar thing using a box as a gift box a year or two ago when I cut flowers out of old magazines to make an old box pretty and cover up the writing etc. I love the patchwork effect, what a gorgeous idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a GREAT idea for a gift, because they can continue using the box!

      Delete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.