Monday, November 20, 2023

Monday Mem 148~DIY Handmade Loops for Buttons & Hooks - An Old Guest Tutorial

I was thrilled when Natalie asked me to do a Guest Post for "Marigold's Loft!" back in 2013! That's been a while. She stopped working on her blog in 2017.   Hoping everyone finds this tutorial useful for their next sewing project that requires a button loop or a hook/snap.
 
I have no idea how I came about this method back in the 60s or 70s.  I think I made it up with crocheting in mind, because I did not enJOY stitching on loops that came with the hooks, and I definitely did not like to make button holes even with my machine. The loops work great especially on doll/baby/children clothing, and small opening at the neckline of an adult garment.
**************



For the most part, the pictures will give the directions.







Sew 3 loops!  That's 6 threads strong.









 *****************************



Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

2 comments:

  1. What a clever way to make that loop. Reminds me of macrame, but with a needle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this and will have to keep it in mind as I attempt to make dresses for our grandie.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.