Friday, November 17, 2023

Fun Fri~ Hexie All Occasion Card

When I was adding pieces to the Hexie quilt (See last Wordless Wednesday) I was thinking of what "Get Well" card I would make to send my dear High School friend and eventually College Room Mate. I decided a Hexie Flower would make a good "any occasion" card. So why not make one as a get well card. She likes to quilt as well.
 
Some fussy cutting from a sunflower fabric.
Fabric softener sheet cut to the size of the card to be the pallet of work.
Tiny "Heat and Bond" strips were used to hold the hexies down
while machine stitching occurred. 
Then large paper clips hold the piece to the front of the card
while the piece is edge stitched all around.
Sometimes I do use an edge stitching foot 
around the edge of the card
 to be more accurate.
 


Not enough Fun Fridays in the week.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Fussy cutting the sunflower into hexies is very effective.
    As for not enough Fun Fridays - how about Make-it Mondays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I hate sewing paper piecing but could totally do these on the machine!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.