Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Tues Tutorial~ Jan/Feb Welcome Yard Flag

 

The welcome flag placed outside the church door last fall had begun to fade. It also was out of season. So, I made one to last at least through January and February.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
******************
Tuesday Tutorial
******************

 Find measurements here: https://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/2017/03/basketball-yard-banner.html for the flag (the navy blue part). The white is the size of the snowflake I wanted to cut to place on the flag.
 
Everything you always needed to know you learned in kindergarten. In my case it was first grade because K wasn't available. I made many paper snowflakes in those days. Especially from the Sears catalog on snow days at home.


 
n
As usual, I free hand cut the letters from rectangle pieces
the height of the letter to be made.
Fabric for letters,
were leftover pieces of a shirt turned into a pillow cover
Notice not every edge of the snowflake was stitched.
It and the letters were raw edge stitched.




You can find other flags and projects on this page.

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful flag Joy - I'm sure the members at your church will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.