Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Tues Tips~ Sharps Container for OLD Pins, Needles and Rotary Cutter Blades

  
An old container that gum came in.
 I've used this container over 11 years now.
I know a lot of people already use this idea as well.

 The large opening is perfect for the round blades.
The smaller opening is good for pins that become bent, or rusted.
I only put broken or bent machine needle in here.
If they were just nicked, they go in an old pin cushion
for other uses like picking threads, or
pinning something together indefinitely like to store away.

I'm sure one day this top will break off.
Not sure what I will use then,
because the last time I bought this gum in bulk,
I could only find it in a bag.
Our world is being packaged away.
 

4 comments:

  1. I use an old prescription bottle and when it's full I can throw it away safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use an official sharps container from the pharmacy... when it is full I can hand it in and they burn it I think.... what do you do with the container when it is full? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had to make the decision yet because it's not full. With insulin needles we were told by medical folks, to put them in a plastic laundry detergent bottle with a top and mark " BBPsharps" and put in garbage can. I like your idea better.

      Delete
  3. Hmm, I never thought to do this. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.