Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Tues Tutorial~ Card Wallet

I found out one of the favorite things my 2 year old Great Grandson likes to do during church service is go through a card wallet.  So, when I got back home, I immediately scanned the internet and You Tube for multi-pocket card wallets to use my fabric scraps.
There were several ideas, but I decided to use the one on the Hanaco Channel that involved measuring, folding and just stitching down each side and flipping inside out.  Easy Peasy.
 
 
 
*****************
Tuesday Tutorial
******************
 
It was easier to use the cm measurements than convert the tenths of an inch
to the fractions I'm used to using.
I did have to get out an old school ruler that included inches and cm.
None of my quilting rulers are metric.
 So that I don't have to roll through a video,
I like to just have a picture or graphic for quick reference.
I laid my ruler down and marked at the 9 and 23 points. 
So there is a distance of 14 cm between each line.
 
With right side facing up,
fold on the 23 cm lines on each side.

Then fold back on each 9cm line.
Press folds
Lay aside


Mark folding lines on the right side of
 the other piece as above.
The video shows marking the wrong side,
but I didn't think that necessary.

I had measured the original piece in inches approximately
and had to cut a piece off to make the last section 5.5 cm.

Bring the 10cm fold lines to the 13cm lines.

Then fold about on the 5.5cm lines
 bringing raw edge to the fold as shown above by the finger.
Press all folds.
The video shows extensively how to do the folds.
When both pieces are folded
they should be the same size.
You may want to pin, clip or glue to hold folds in place
on each side.
 
Lay the pieces
right sides together.
Stitch down on each long side ONLY.
Do not stitch across the shorter ends with the folds.

 
Find the opening between the 2 different pieces of fabrics.
This is where it helps to not use the same fabric.
 

Turn inside out.
Then flip the
bottom pocket over to close in the bottom.
 
 Poke out corners with
your favorite tool.
Mine for a long time 
has been an aluminum knitting needle.
Sometimes I might use an old machine needle
because they are stronger.
Press.
 


 



 Then start saving:
junk mail membership cards
junk mail fake credit cards
junk mail any kind cards
used gift cards
key cards you didn't turn back into the desk
Calling cards especially with pictures.

Then let the little folks explore
without worrying about losing the cards.

They also came in handy at Christmas
to gift money and gift cards. 

Shared @

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea and use of scrap fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Perfect for a little one to keep them occupied. Handy for big kids too!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.