Friday, October 20, 2023

Fun Fri~ Stuck on John Jakes

 

A friend found out that I love reading and watching Civil War era books and movies,
and loaned me 2 of her books.
I enjoy learning the good and the bad about this time in our developmental history.
 I notice the successes and mistakes of this period
which we need to know about and learn. 
Not sure why some people want to hide this time of our country's life.
It makes me appreciate what I didn't have to go through.

I was able to find these books as audio on my library's website. 
So when I was in the sewing room or car,
I could listen.
I gotta say, Charleston was much better than Savannah.
I guess Mr. Jake didn't bat 100% every time?
I will download more for a Fun Fri.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommend - will see if our library has them available.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.