Friday, October 13, 2023

Fun Fri~ Funny Named Jams

 

Went up to Grandview to the Amish Store the other day.
I've heard of Dandelion Jelly,
but some other jams had funny names.
I forgot to check the label for ingredients, but I looked it up online and found 
the recipe on the "Relished Recipe" site. Looks like it contains sour cherries, strawberries and raspberries. Wondering if someone had some berries left over and dumped them all in the pot with some sugar?



I see how it got its name.
 
I didn't buy any jams. 
Decided to splurge my sugar intake on a jar of sorghum 
to eat with some butter and biscuits, a childhood memory for fall. 
My Dad made some sorghum one year.
I remember that old mule walking in circles
to grind that cane.
 
Also got some home grown popcorn, 
coconut oil to pop it in,
 and Ranch salt to put on it. 
Some sliced ham
and tomatoes.
 
Spent too much money,
but I enjoyed the ride for the day.
 
I can see why it was called Grandview.
It was a Grandview from there.
 
 


4 comments:

  1. The Frog jam sounds delightful! We used to eat sorghum syrup on how biscuits with butter when I was a child. It was like sweetened motor oil, but we loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those definitely are some interesting jam flavors. Have to say that I've never heard of sorghum, but it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun place to visit. Wish I could taste those jams!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.